Cellulite deposits occur on about 90 percent of women, but exercise and diet may help to promote smoother skin and stop the skin’s texture from looking like an orange peel. If you can’t control these unattractive fatty deposits by natural means, your cosmetic physician has several treatment options to get rid of cellulite or camouflage it effectively.
These dimpled fatty deposits occur when fat under the skin gets pulled to the surface by fibrous connective tissue. Known by the scientific and medical names of dermopanniculosis deformans, adiposis edematosa, status protrusus cutis and gynoid lipodystroph, the condition has less flattering names like cottage-cheese skin, hail damage, orange-peel syndrome and the mattress phenomenon. Unusual pressure causes fat cells to enlarge and press up against the skin in irregular patterns, which produce a lumpy or dimpled texture. You can visualize the phenomenon by thinking of balloons as fatty deposits that suddenly double in size. These fatty balloons have nowhere to go except up toward the skin, which creates the dimpled texture. Causes of the condition include genetics, hormone changes, excess weight and slow metabolism. Poor dietary habits also contribute to developing these skin blemishes.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite
Many products flood the health and beauty market that claim to minimize the dimpling or remove cellulite, but most of these marketing scams don’t really address how to get rid of cellulite or produce the promised results. Your doctor can recommend diet, exercise and cosmetic treatments that remove or camouflage the blemishes. Some treatments and creams can actually cause harm for people with circulatory diseases and allergies, so talking with your doctor or cosmetic physician is the safest course to follow.
Cellulite treatment from your cosmetic physician or cosmetic surgeon may be the best option for women and even some men. Cosmetic procedures remove fat, break connective tissue bands or promote healthier skin. Some of the cellulite treatments that work to reduce or remove lumpy fat deposits include:
Recently approved by the FDA, Cellulaze is a laser procedure that involves making small incisions in the skin, inserting a device that melts fat and breaking up the bands of tissue that connect fat to the underside of the skin. The surgery stimulates healing collagen production.
2. Liposuction and Tummy Tuck
This classic combination of liposuction and skin tightening can help to restore youthful skin.
3. Acoustic Wave Therapy
Pressure waves of sound are used to break connective tissue bands that cause skin dimpling. Similar to the shock wave therapy that is used to break up kidney stones, the technique is a recent innovation to your cosmetic physician’s arsenal of treatments.
4. Fat Grafting
In fat grafting, your doctor harvests your own fat by lipo and uses it fill depressed and lumpy areas of the skin. The technique is often used in concert with subcision surgery.
5. Subcision Surgery
A cutting tool moves beneath the skin to cut bands of tissue that pull fat. Long-term results from this surgery are positive, but the surgery is more invasive than other solutions.
Interval, cardio and burst-type of cellulite exercises fight cellulite by encouraging better health, jump-starting the metabolism and preventing fatty deposits from being stored. Some of the best exercises for removing or minimizing fatty deposits under the skin include the following routines:
- 1. Jumping on a trampoline to stimulate circulation and the lymphatic system
- 2. Butt lifts to tighten skin on the thighs and buttocks
- 3. Stretching exercises
- 4. Leg lifts to lose fat, tighten skin and stimulate metabolism
- 5. High-intensity interval training
- 6. Kettlebell exercises using cast-iron weights
Cellulite Home Remedies
Cellulite home remedies may produce results and prevent fatty deposits from developing in the future. Kelp and flax seed provide nutrients, stimulate collagen production that strengthens connective tissues and modulate estrogen levels naturally. Other cellulite home remedies may help, and all of the following ideas provide multiple health benefits and no dangerous side effects:
- Use natural methods to balance hormones and stimulate better health.
- Avoid trans fats, consume omega 3s and cut down on processed foods that contain toxins that could stimulate hormonal imbalances.
- Eat a balanced diet, and exercise regularly to prevent fat from accumulating under the skin.
- Seaweed and herbal baths can restore certain essential nutrients for healthier skin. The herbal treatments release toxins and ignite fat loss.
- Cut down on salt and sugar which stimulate higher blood pressure and increased levels of internal stress.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and flush toxins from the system.
A healthy cellulite diet provides many health benefits including better weight, reductions in overall body fat and healthier, smoother skin. Eat a healthy breakfast each day to stimulate metabolism so that you burn more calories throughout the day. Other dietary recommendations for controlling lumpy fat deposits include
- Keeping hydrated by drinking lots of liquids
- Eating one or two eggs weekly for the lecithin in egg yolks
- Green tea supports metabolic health, reduces stress and blocks fat-absorbing enzymes.
- Raw fruits and vegetables supply nutrients for elastic and supple skin while reducing fat consumption.
- Eat plenty of green, leafy vegetables for vitamin C and beta carotene.
Cellulite cream treatments include those with retinol, a vitamin-A derivative that reduces the free radicals that destroy collagen. Smoother skin makes fatty bulges less noticeable. Aminophylline creams might work for people who have poor circulation that contributes to cellulite. If you have cold feet or hands all the time, you probably have poor circulation.
Cellulite Treatment Los Angeles
Getting rid of dimpled fatty deposits is a common goal of many men and women, so opportunistic marketers sell various “cures” that don’t work. Some of these techniques will improve your skin’s appearance temporarily, which might be perfect for a special night out but won’t solve your long-term problem. These treatments include hydration therapies, which are useful for health, and cellulite massages, which might provide better circulation but won’t get rid of fatty dimples in the skin. For best results, follow natural therapies until you can discuss your situation with a cosmetic physician.